Monday, December 13, 2010

So here's the short of it, 
Comcast is back up and running. 

And here's the long

Today we finally had a Comcast service call from a young man who actually knew what he was doing and got us up and going!  He was diligent and really seemed to care about getting us back up and going - a first from all the interactions we've had with them since this went out.  I believe his name was Greg.  They need to promote him to train the other service people! I can't believe I'm really on my computer now instead of making do from the phone!

We had a SNOW DAY today!! And I did really sleep in.  I made it until 8:30 - sort of.  I was up about 4:00 with a leg cramp - in both my legs.  I was able to stretch out the one that's not in a cast, but I just had to let the one that's in a cast ease out on it's own! It's ached all day long from that cramp, but this evening it seems to be gone.  Finally, about 6:00 I got up and took some Tylenol because my ankle had started hurting.  That let me doze off and on for another couple of hours. 

I didn't even poke my nose outside today.  Chocolate Sauce for the neighbors is done.  Laundry is done.  A little pick up in the back room is done.  A bit of sitting around and putting the heating pad on my back is still going on.  It's been a good day.  Tomorrow we get an hour delay.  Snow days and bad weather delays, certainly not one of the reasons I wanted to be an educator, but one of the benefits for sure.

We are supposed to have more really bad weather coming in on Wednesday, but at this point it's not predicted to arrive until afternoon.  Then it's going to warm up on Thursday, so we may not miss any more school this week. I've got a full day tomorrow, and lots to get done to make up for missing today. 

I'm keeping busy.  I'm trying really hard not to let this bummed up ankle keep me too inactive.  It's amazing what all I use my foot and let to do.  I'm so glad to have a week and a half of the original 6 weeks gone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment