Wednesday, December 1, 2010

So here's the short of it, 
It's fractured.

And here's the long

Last night at 10:30 my right foot slipped out from under me as I made the step down into the laundry room.  I took a pretty nasty fall.  I couldn't get up and Sophie was pretty confused about why I was on the floor.  Alan had been asleep for awhile - but  he heard me yell about the third time and came running.  I think it scared him to death! 

Dr. Robertson
I decided to try and make it through the night instead of sitting all night in the emergency room, so Alan helped me to bed and got me settled in with a big ice bag and a couple of Advil.  I was able to sleep off and on, but found it almost impossible to get to the bathroom - which "someone of my age" has to do at night.  Anyway this morning my doctor wrote an order for an x-ray which I had done at Memorial Hospital.  Not long after that I had a call from my doctor sending me to The Center for Sports Medicine.  Dr. Jason Robertson looked over the x-rays. 



Here's the result.


Fracture in the Fibula just above the ankle joint.

No Driving for 6 weeks - maybe 4 if I'm lucky.

No weight on the foot to avoid surgery.

Come back in 2 weeks.  


All in all I'm pretty lucky. 



We were out from about 10:30 until nearly 5:00 this evening.  Mom saved the day by making potato soup for dinner and bringing it up to the house.  Great to have her so close by at a time like this. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh dear!So sorry!!!Hopefully some time off from duty at school is forthcoming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just getting caught up on your blog, since school is finally winding down. I'm sooooo sorry to read this happened to you! You're right though, it could have been much much worse. At least it's the fibula. I'm just over in East Ridge if you happen to need anything. :)

    ReplyDelete