Sunday, December 5, 2010

So here's the short of it, 
I really don't like this ...

And here's the long

I can't believe the weekend is already almost over!  I suppose I'll be complaining for 6 more weeks about this bummed up ankle.  No weight on it at all means that I'm really handicapped!  Thank goodness I've got a great family to pick up the slack and help out.  Alan really steps up to the plate when I'm in trouble like this.  Liga came over today and was a a big help.  At dinner last night Valdis really pitched in and helped with everything as well.  Mom made dinner for us again tonight - her wonderful vegetable beef soup.  And Mia cooked an extra chicken so we have dinner for at least a couple of nights this week.  How wonderful. 

I'm not allowed to get this splint wet, so I haven't been in the shower this weekend.  Yucky, right!  Well, I've been doing the old fashioned bath like our folks used to do with the Water Pitcher and bowl - except I have hot running water and a sink with a drain!  I'm going to wrap this splint up really good tomorrow morning with a garbage bag and get a really good shower.  I'm looking forward to that for sure. 

Tomorrow I'm planning a full day in the office.  Alan will take me and pick me up.  I'll be there without a car.  I don't like this.....   I guess my independent steak is going to make this no driving rule pretty difficult. 

No comments:

Post a Comment