Tuesday, December 21, 2010

So here's the short of it, 
To blog or not to blog.

And here's the long.

I've been giving some thought to ending this blog.  It was such a good place for me to detail the days of my life as I struggled with the effects of chemotherapy and radiation.  I had such a hard time talking about what was going on with me, but the words came easily enough on the blog...so it was a way to share what was happening without having to talk about it.  Those days are becoming more distant and the memories are fading - life is much more normal and the blog has become more like just an end of day check in.  Of course because of my work, I write little about it.  My interactions with children and parents are confidential, and I can't/won't write about my interactions with teachers because most of that is not for public consumption either - so I'm left to write about my day minus the real meat of work details.  I end up writing about my mood, our family, or the season.  So I'd been thinking that it's time to put an end to the blog and do something else each evening during what's become "blog time".  But today my sister-in-law, Myra, called to check in because I haven't blogged for a few days.  So one more time, I'm pulled in and make at least a short term commitment to continue blogging for another length of time.  I'm not sure what direction this will go.  That we'll have to see.

2 comments:

  1. Well, I heard you have a facebook page so as long as there is a way for me to say hello from Texas . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you're gunna continue blogging for awhile, at least. Here's wishing you and the whole family a nice holiday season and a healthy, happy New Year! Sending peace, love and joy! See ya January 13th - Jan. 16th....... Thursday to Sunday. Pass that along to Alan.

    ReplyDelete