Thursday, December 30, 2010

So here's the short of it, 
I drove!  and I'm yucky sick. 

And here's the long

Well, I tested out driving today.  I went to WalMart, where I probably spent too much time on my feet although it was certainly a short trip for this woman who usually spends too much time in any grocery store I'm in. (that might be post worthy someday).  Anyway, I got in a few things to fix up a nice New Year's dinner celebration and a can of the obligatory black eyed peas for tomorrow.  Mom went with me - I think she needed a few things as well, and she wanted to make sure I was driving OK.

My second stop was to my doctor.  By the way, I just absolutely love my doctor.  She's pretty young, which is what I was looking for because I hope I'll be able to stay with her the rest of my life - of course she may retire when I'm in my late eighties.  I'll cross that bridge then.  Anyway, it was quite a project, as I thought it would be.  Get into the car, take off the boot.  Drive to the destination..  Put the boot back on before getting out of the car. So I had an extra stop in there to stop at home and drop off the refrigerated things before going on to see my doctor. 

Now the reason for this doctor appointment.  I have an awful cold!  With the holiday weekend coming on, I thought I'd just better get myself some medicine and right now, this doctor won't prescribe any antibiotic without an exam.  My head is full of that awful dark, viscous mucous.  I'm having trouble sleeping because no matter which way I put my head I get stopped up and can't breathe.  My throat is sore, and I'm a bit headachy.  So I'm starting a prescription for a penicillin drug tonight, and hopefully I'll be very much on the mend by the time we are scheduled to go back to work on Monday!

Right now, I'm going to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment