Tuesday, December 14, 2010

So here's the short of it, 
This broken ankle makes almost everything a project!

And here's the long

Mom made us dinner tonight; her always good salmon patties, some scalloped potatoes, and mixed vegetables.  It's really nice to have that kitchen stuff done.  This foot in a splint really makes everything I do such a project. 
So here's how to have cereal.  I put the cereal and milk into a small corningware bowl with a lid.  I put the milk in and put the lid on.  Check the seal twice!  Put the covered bowl and the spoon into the bag I have on the front of my knee walker and push myself to the table or the den whichever place I've decided to eat.  If I want something to drink, I put it into a thermos and put it into the bag as well.  Once I've arrived at my eating destination and get off the knee walker and at the table, I fish out the bowl, the spoon, the thermos - and there I have my cereal.  

Here's another - unloading the dishwasher.  First of all I get the knee walker in a position so that I can get the dishwasher door open.  I sit on the kneewalker and unload the dishes putting them on the counter.  I put them in sections so they are easier to put away.  Then I close up the dishwasher and work in sections getting stuff put away. 

I'm know that I'm learning lots from this experience, and one of the things I've learned is how much I've taken for granted my ability to physically do things.  I can't even really take out my compost now. 

Thankfully, I don't really have to do any of these things.  Through all my illness last year and even this year as I've not been "back to normal" and now with this stupid leg thing going on, Alan pitches in and just does anything that needs to be done.  I just like to try to do some things - no I feel like I need to do some things. 

I'm hoping that tomorrow when I see Dr. Robertson I get some good news about the progress of this ankle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment