Saturday, March 26, 2011

So here's the short of it,
We are home!!

And here's the long.

We are home. What a lovely trip.  But what a trip back home!  The flight wasn't particularly pleasant.  My seating arrangement wasn't much to my liking, and my back ended up hurting by the time we landed.  The nice spring days were gone and by the time we arrived in Nashville, there was a cold rain to greet us. And it rained on us all the way home and traffic was pretty bad. We made it home by about 8:30 and boy am I glad to be here. Sophie was delighted to see us. Liga and Dexter were still here to greet us, but Lola had gone missing a couple of days ago and was nowhere to be found!  I thought sure she was lost to us for good. But when Liga and Dexter left and Sophie quieted down, I was standing in the kitchen and I heard a faint meow coming from somewhere. A search for Lola ensued! Alan and I stood in the kitchen trying to figure out where in the world she was. Not the basement, not the closet, the front bedroom, the upstairs rooms - somehow she had gotten into the attic space.  Who knows how long she had been there.  Alan opened it up and shortly she emerged! She was hungry, thirsty and eager to be out of that attic!

Tomorrow will be a day of getting myself back into the swing of things and ready to go back to work on Monday. It's good to be back in Chattanooga.

No comments:

Post a Comment