Saturday, March 19, 2011

So here's the short of it, 
No blog last night.  

And here's the long


I had a queasy stomach all day yesterday. I ate the lunch I packed anyway. 

By 7 or 7:30 last night I had gotten into my pajamas and was wondering if I was getting the stomach virus everyone has been talking about all winter. I really thought with spring here, I had dodged that bullet.  By about 8 o'clock it started. It was a night of vomiting until there was nothing but dry heaves, followed this morning by a bout of diarrhea. I moved myself back to the sofa next to the bathroom, and it was a good thing. Several times I didn't really make it all the way, but at least my mess was contained to a tiled space! Oh and that lunch I took from home had raw cauliflower  - so yucky!


Today I've just been a slug.  I've managed about 5 oz. of grape juice. Maybe that much water. Two bites of applesauce, and am just finishing up a cup of tea. I don't think I want to give my stomach any more ammunition than that for tonight! 

I'm beginning to think that it's not the virus, or if it is, it's just a very short lived version of it.  I think my tiredness is because I was up all night. I do seem a little feverish, but I think that might be just the results of the whole ordeal.

I'm headed to bed early tonight, but first I'm going to go try to see the supermoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment