Tuesday, March 15, 2011

So here's the short of it,
CrockPot Chicken Report

And here's the long

Well, I thought the CrockPot chicken turned out pretty well. Mom came up and helped us eat it, so it was nice to have her company for awhile this evening. Alan said the white meat was dry.  I had to agree, but it had a great flavor - the dark meat was juicy, and I made a great gravy to put over the top of it - so I thought it was a success. I used home grown rosemary and lemon thyme to season it. I made chicken salad out of the leftover white meat, 2 leftover plates for Alan's lunches, a dinner for Liga to drop by and take home (it was actually going to be my lunch tomorrow), and some soup base from the carcass.  A pretty good haul from one hen!

Sophie and I had a good walk after dinner; she was really romping! Even though I'm really struggling with the "spring forward" in the mornings, it's really nice to have the extra daylight in the evening. I believe there were some little circle elves out playing this afternoon before I got home. I think they might have some druid blood running through their heritage too! This small structure really reminded me a little of the henges of England. So even the little guys on the circle - well most of the little ones are girls - are frolicking in the nice weather and something inside them is calling them to build a monument to the universe! I really like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment