Sunday, March 20, 2011

So here's the short of it,
Spring is really here! 

And here's the long

My little greenhouse is up. It blew over in the big wind the other week, but of course that was before I had anything in it anyway. This week Alan took some rebar and drove it into the ground and tied it down! He also put some roofing shingles under it to control the weedy green stuff from growing up under it.  Today I got Purple cherokee, Kumato, and Black Cherry tomatoes started. I started 6 of each. I also started some zucchini, some louffa, and something else...I can't even remember!!! I just went out and looked in the dark!  It was parsley - I'm not sure my parsley overwintered, so I planted some - I'll share if mine comes back. It sure felt springy to get some stuff started. I hope next year I can have some lettuces, and peas, and maybe even some onions already in the ground by this time! Wouldn't that be a great thing.

I was out quite a bit today. I'm feeling SO much better. I'm convinced that it was something I ate - most likely the burger at Blacksmith's the night before. I won't go back there, for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment