Thursday, March 17, 2011

So here's the short of it, 
It's Girl Scout Cookie time.

And here's the long

This week as morning comes, I've felt as though I had been drugged. It has been so hard to struggle to wakefulness. I suppose the decision about changing our clocks is made by people who don't have nearly the difficulty getting accustomed to the change.



 Our Girl Scout cookies came today. 

Alan got 6 boxes of Thin Mints. He'll put them in the freezer and they'll last him almost until next year's cookie sale. They will be quite safe from me.  However, those trefoils and samoas that we ordered - only two boxes of each - will be a temptation for me.

I so remember the years of Shelley and then later Liga selling cookies. We've gone through a series of Girl Scouts since then. For a long time Monica, a street over came by and took our order - from a little brownie scout to a mature Girl Scout. For the first time this year, we had to put out feelers to find a supplier - but she's a young one and she has a younger sister, so maybe we'll be in good shape for several years to come.

I just recently ran across a recipe for home baked cookies that are supposed to be just like the samoas.  I should probably try making them when I have to take a dessert somewhere, because I'd be sure to eat too many of them if they just stayed in the house. 

Tomorrow's lunch may have a couple of samoas or trefoils for dessert!

No comments:

Post a Comment