Tuesday, March 29, 2011

So here's the short of it, 
Here's a book recommendation for all dog lovers.


And here's the long.

 I'm an animal lover - there is a space in my psyche that is inhabited by all the dogs and cats, and birds, and even a few little gerbils, mice, and fish along the way.  And of course there's a mostly unmarked graveyard over at the side of the house where the animals who have lived in this house in Chattanooga are buried. 

My newest book is called Inside of a Dog.  It's an amazing text about how dogs negotiate the world through an examination of their senses.  I'm sure enjoying knowing a little more about what makes these critters tick!  I sure have been looking at  our evening walks differently.  Check it out a little more at this site.

I'm going to be keeping my eyes out to see if someone has written something similar about cats.

I know there's something about dogs and cats and me. From the time I could waggle a little kitten into the house and hide it in my bedroom, I've had them around me and as close to me as possible. I swore that as soon as I had a house of my own, my animals would be indoors. Well, they are. A cat and a dog at present. And how they soothe the soul!  As I write this, Sophie is sleeping at my feet, and Lola has been sitting on my lap helping me type.

No comments:

Post a Comment