Wednesday, March 9, 2011

So here's the short of it,
I had a productive work day, and am looking forward to another one tomorrow. 

And here's the long

Today was a wet, rainy day and I had to be out in it. I'm really thankful for my wonderful raincoat. It's not too heavy; it's really good and waterproof, and it's got a great hood. All those things mean that I'm able to travel about, get out of the car with my arms full, and make it into a school building without getting soaked. I just never have learned to use an umbrella with any grace.  I think my work for the last 25 years moving from building to building - always with stuff to carry - trained me out of umbrella use.

This morning I made a crock pot chicken recipe. I love having dinner hot in the crock pot when I come home after work. This recipe had a layer of rice on the bottom. It was not particularly good. It's a really good thing that Alan is not a picky eater. He'll finish up the left-overs for lunches with no trouble at all.  I'm going to keep on trying though until I get at least two chicken crock pot recipes that Alan and I both like!

Sophie got her walk tonight. She is getting such an independent spirit. When she was little and I'd take her out for a walk off leash she'd mostly stay really close to me and I had no trouble getting her to come in when I called. Now she just looks at me. I can almost hear her saying "really, Mom we've only been outside a little while. I'm just not ready to go in yet."  Anyway I had to get in to the restroom (another blog topic about the long lasting effects of chemo) and I forgot that she was outside! (forgetting things is another blog topic about the long lasting effects of Chemo). She eventually came and scratched on the door to get inside. But she had rolled in something SO stinky! I didn't have time to bathe her, so I sprayed her down with Febreeze fabric cleaner  It not quite as gross as it was.

Tomorrow we lead teachers are working with New Teachers all day tomorrow. It should be a good day. I'm getting sleepy a little earlier than usual this week - that's a good thing. I'm going to get myself in bed in just a little so I'll be good to go tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment