Wednesday, March 16, 2011

So here's the short of it, 
The weather is going to be really nice the next few days.

And here's the long

Our weather is trying to decide what to do. Yesterday it was really nice, but by evening, it was cool enough to need a warm jacket when I walked Sophie. Today it stayed on the cool side all day and was still pretty cool this evening. Tomorrow it's supposed to get warmer for a few days. But I understand we still have Blackberry Winter, Dogwood Winter, Locust Winter, Whippoorwill Winter, Redbud Winter and even Linsey-Woolsey Britches Winter.For more information on that there's a great article with pictures on Dave's Garden.
 
Sophie didn't have any neighbor dogs out to play with tonight except for Winston. He's a good friend, but he's on a shock collar, and Sophie has to go into his yard to play with him. She really likes him and he seems to enjoy her coming over, but tonight she didn't play very long with him. She ran into his yard for a brief little interaction twice as we walked around, but she was mostly content to just charge around and chase the wind or some shadow that only she saw.

I'm ever so grateful that spring break is around the corner. It will surely give me a chance to get my body in the daylight savings time mode!  The getting tired enough to go to sleep is a perpetual problem anyway, and now it's just shoved back even later. And getting up is well even though I can smell the coffee ..... the pillow is so soft, the blankets are so warm, the puppy is just snoozing on the floor next to me, and it is just so hard to roll out.

Tonight I'm watching American Idol. Liga's just stopped by to watch the second half with me - a convenient stopping place between work and her apartment. So we are waiting for Lauren Alaina to sing. She's all the rage around here. Then I'm going to try to close my eyes and sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment