Monday, February 13, 2012

So here's the short of it, 

Anyone who knows me, knows that I am a Kentucky Girl!


And here's the long.
This has been posted on Facebook by lots of my Kentucky friends.



photo by Susan Kennedy Hanna, tip viabelle's bakery @bellesbakerylex)

I moved away from Kentucky when I was in my early 20's and never returned there to live. But I consider myself a Kentucky Girl, because of the indelible mark that it left on me.  What I believe, how I live, and what's important to me all have their roots in my Kentucky Heritage.  From the mountain community where I was born, to the small town high school that formed my adolescent sensibilities, and my small liberal arts college down the road where I came into my adulthood, Kentucky runs strong in my blood.  While I don't follow sports and don't really know much about who's playing who or even what sports season it is, if someone is watching a game that Kentucky is playing in, I have a strong urge to sit down and root for the Cats!

So when I saw this photo, I had a rush of feeling about how important that feeling of Kentucky has been in my life.






No comments:

Post a Comment