Tuesday, February 28, 2012

So here's the short of it, 
Today was a yucky tummy day. 

And here's the long.

I must have some stomach virus that isn't really making me sick - just miserable! I'm glad that my work day allowed me to be close to the bathrooms today.

Sophie and I had a wonderful walk this afternoon.  For the last several weeks she has had a spurt of cognitive maturing.  I love to take her for her afternoon walk around the circle off leash.  She can mosey at her own pace and sniff at all the things that I can only imagine have passed by.  But there are a few dogs that walk through the neighborhood that I don't want her to approach.  All the girls and guys who live on the circle are out off leash as well and all love to play.  Here's our major step forward.  When she is off leash and far away from me, she will sit if I give her the command and wait for me to walk over to her and put her on leash.  This is such a great leap forward in training. I'm going to really keep working on getting this to happen from  further and further.

She's sacked out sound asleep right at my feet tonight. We'll both be trotting right off to bed here before too long!






No comments:

Post a Comment