Sunday, February 19, 2012

So here's the short of it, 
There is something SO special about a three day weekend!

And here's the long.

Well, it is Sunday night and normally I'd be getting myself geared up for another week at work. But this is a holiday weekend for for the school system. And this time of year, when the days are short and cold, and morale seems to slip, when the schools are full of sniffles, coughs, and sometimes even worse, it's good to have a three day weekend.

I'm somewhat recovered from last weeks episode. It seems that it may be just coincidental about the Flexeril and the visceral detachment? It may be.  But it really seems connected to me.  As soon as I stopped taking it, my eyes began to feel better, and they've actually gotten better each day now.  Yesterday I had a massage.  I hadn't seen Kelly since I started taking the Flexeril, and she was amazed at how much different my tissues were. So my next question - is there something else that could bring some level of relief - I can already feel the tension returning. But I'm so glad to get rid of the other stuff the Flexeril brought on.

So tomorrow I have another day.  Right now I'm planning to stay right here around the house. I'm going to piddle around and do things I wouldn't normally have time to do.  I'm going to take Sophie out in the middle of the day when it's warm!  I might even cook something in the middle of the day!

I'll also take a moment to think of our presidents and celebrate them all - even the ones I don't think moved our country forward. I'm particularly thankful for the country we live in where we have presidents and the opportunity to participate in the political process - to change things we know need to be changed and to continue to work hard when we know we need to change things and it seems the time is just not right yet.


No comments:

Post a Comment