Sunday, February 12, 2012

So here's the short of it, 
Early Valentine's here on the circle.

And here's the long.



Tonight we decided to do an early Valentine celebration since Liga and Valdis and Mom would be with us and probably not on the actual day.  We had a nice spaghetti dinner.  I liked the spaghetti for Valentines and kept thinking of the Lady and the Tramp picture and how appropriate it was for Valentines.  We even had meatballs like in the movie. I think I should watch that movie again sometime.







Everyone gave cards and got cards.  Mom shared the chocolate covered strawberries that Russ and Tina sent her.  (They came packed in dry ice!).  And they were delicious.
I'd never had Shari's Berries before. But for sure they might have a repeat performance at our house.





Mom also brought candy hearts. We had lots of fun comparing the sayings to the ones we remember from our childhoods.  It seems that I remember them being higher quality printing as well.  Actually Liga said that first - that she couldn't remember not being able to read the candy hearts when she was younger.

"Text me" and "UR IT" are pretty clearly this generation.  "For Ever", that's the one I like.


Happy Early Valentine's to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment