Saturday, August 18, 2012

So here's the short of it, 
At the Brainerd Farmer's Market today. 

And here's the long.

Mom and I went to the Brainerd Farmer's Market today.   We try to go most Saturdays.  It's a good way for us to get into the habit of buying locally. We got there probably 30-45 minutes after opening at 10:00.  My egg lady from Hoe Hop Farms was already out of eggs!  She indicated that there was another vendor there who had eggs, but I decided to wait.  I did buy a half loaf of the wonderful oat bread that she bakes.  She also inspired me to start making my own granola.  I've friended Hoe Hop Farms on Facebook and perused the photos.  I like the way the Laying Hens are housed and the feed they get.  And they sure do taste wonderful.  Alan asked for scrambled eggs for dinner tonight and he commented on how good they tasted.  I've only got a very few more. I'll have to stretch it out til next weekend, or stop by the Main Street Market on the way home from work on Wednesday night.

I love all the vendor booths at the Brainerd Market.   There are several booths with seasonal produce, a couple of booths that specialize in meats, and then a couple that feature homemade soaps, lotions, lip salves, etc.  Usually there's a couple there with a hydroponic tower of herbs, letuces, etc.

Today the young man pictured was at his family's booth. He was real cute, so pleasant, and such a good salesman. I swiped his photo from the Brainerd Farmer's Market Facebook page.  He sold me some apple and peach pies for dessert one night this week.

Grace Episcopal Church took on this project as one of their ministries.  I'm really grateful that we've got a church in our neighborhood that see's the importance of an endeavor like this.




No comments:

Post a Comment