Saturday, January 15, 2011

So here's the short of it,
We had a nice evening out.

And here's the long.

Tonight I went out for the first time since the snow fell.  We picked up Mom and went over to the Jewish Cultural Center for an interfaith dinner, discussion about the significance of light in religious practices. Our Reform Rabbi, an Episcopal priest (a woman) and a Seventh Day Adventist Minister all spoke and then there was a bit of time for questions and answers.

I certainly enjoyed the evening and got to see lots of friends and family.  It was really good to spend time with Mom and Alan as well.  And it was really good to get out of the house!!  I'm going to venture out in the morning and hit the grocery store for a few things.  I can hardly believe that I've got a holiday on Monday.  It seems like it's been forever since I've been to work!  I've already got a busy day going on Tuesday!  My first stop will be the doctor to take a look at my healed ankle - well, I'm sure it's healed.  We'll see what he says.  Then over to the main office for a busy and long day.

Good news from Pennie.  She was up and walking for a bit today.  We understand that she's still in considerable pain - so we appreciate continued thoughts and prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment