Thursday, January 20, 2011

So here's the short of it, 
I had a good work day and there's a possibility of a snow delay tomorrow. 

And here's the long

We have  a prediction of a little snow and some freezing rain.  Here's the announcement as it appears on our school's website.
-------------------

Inclement Weather Alert

Friday, January 21, 2011

The weather forecast indicates that a small system is moving through the Chattanooga area overnight, bringing the possiblity of light snow showers early Friday morning.

All indications point to the system moving through quickly with little accumulation on the roads. The exception could be the mountain areas. There is the possibility that buses will run snow routes for the Signal Mountain schools on Friday. Click here to see the Signal Mountain snow routes.

The Hamilton County Dept. of Education is actively monitoring the weather and may have to make a decision about delaying and/or closing schools early Friday morning.

Parents and residents are encouraged to monitor this website for updated information regarding potential school delays and/or closings.
--------------------------

I'm predicting that we'll go to school - maybe on a 2 hour delay. When I came home about 6:00 this evening there was already a light rain falling and the temperature was dropping and I know it's probably several degree. But our decision makers won't want to keep us home with so much more winter looming ahead of us when we've already used all or most all of our snow days. I actually haven't gotten word on that yet, I'll need to check it out tomorrow!

Good night - I don't have an early morning but I'm going to try really hard to get to bed at a decent hour and get up early.

Work was good today.  I went in with good vibes and left that way as well. I'm looking forward to tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment