Friday, January 7, 2011

So here's the short of it, 
Purple Sky.....

And here's the long

Tonight I had an errand I needed to run after work before I headed home. It was about 5:30, the sun was going down, but still above the horizon and the sky was absolutely spectacular.  There were dark clouds in the east; the front was very visible overhead; there was a rainbow in the sky; and in the west the sky was luminous.  I walked out the door of the store as a woman was walking in.  She was looking over her shoulder as she came in and she remarked to me, "I've never seen a purple sky here in Chattanooga before."  I just said, "What do you think it might mean."  She said, "Maybe God's coming".  I looked at the sky and said, "God's already here".  But she had already gone into the store. 

The purple sky tonight was amazing.  As a matter of fact several Chattanoogans have posted pictures on facebook from various places around town with comments about the strange sky here tonight. 

Here are some pictures from my facebook friend and fellow educator Claire Lane.


No comments:

Post a Comment