Monday, January 17, 2011

So here's the short of it, 
Hoping that the ankle is OK.

And here's the long

Tomorrow I have an appointment first thing in the morning with my broken ankle doctor.  I really hope I'm not in lots of trouble. The boot that I have been supposed to be wearing was making my back and my hip hurt so much that I thought I would permanently injure my back.  And sleeping in that boot was an absolute joke - I wasn't resting well at all. Dr. Robertson told me when I first got the boot that I could take it off to shower as long as I was really careful. Well, I noticed  that I was getting stronger and stronger every day. So the first day that we were home from school because of the snow, I spent more of the day with my boot off than on.  Now, I was not on my foot very much, I was mostly sitting that first day. 

Then the next day or maybe it was the next, I went over to WalMart and found myself a Mueller Adjustable Ankle Stabilizer. It has two metal side stays and these two wrap around straps that make it even more stable.  The first couple of days - well nights - I only took off the boot to sleep and put it back on when I was on my feet. But I noticed that my back and hip were feeling much better when I wasn't using my boot. So I guess beginning about Tuesday or so, I started wearing it during the day as well - and being very careful for sure. And of course I'm wearing the ace bandage under it. It's actually not ace brand, it's the Top Care brand which is Bi-Lo's generic brand and is much better than the ace brand. I haven't worn my knee boot for several many days. I've been wearing the Mueller's Maximum Support Level Adjustable Ankle Stabilizer with side stays that are ideal for sore or sprained or strained ankles. (I know, I know it doesn't say anything about broken ankles as Alan has pointed out to me, and I've been hard headed since I was a little bitty girl, as my Mom has pointed out to Alan.)

I really haven't been stupid about this I think, but tomorrow I guess we'll see. I'm hoping that I'll get to graduate to just an ace bandage or maybe even a nothing - especially at night! I'm so eager to sleep with a naked foot and ankle.

Now, if you read yesterday's post, I'll have to tell you that I had to back up and re-do the spacing after almost every sentence. I hope that tomorrow I won't have to re-do so many.

No comments:

Post a Comment