Sunday, January 2, 2011

So here's the short of it, 
Winter Break is over.

And here's the long

So Teacher Winter Vacation is over.  Tomorrow morning the sun comes up on a work day - and I haven't been out of bed that early (on purpose) since December 18th.  So tomorrow will be a task.  I did take care of getting the vehicle gassed up this afternoon, since it's such a project with this boot!  So tomorrow all I have to do is get in the car and get myself to work. 

It's been a good two weeks.  I had a whole long list of things I wanted to get accomplished.  Well, very little of it got done because everything is such a project with this broken ankle.  When I was on the knee walker, I could barely even get my personal stuff done - like showering and getting dressed.  It's taken me a few days to figure out how to get around with this boot.  I am not using the cane, and I'm not having any pain.  I was supposed to gradually get to the point of getting along without the cane.  I didn't do the gradually part, but I'm getting along OK.  I am really eager for the boot to come off.  I really want to sleep without the boot.  I'm willing to wear it longer, but I so want to sleep without it!  But even more than that, I want to get it well, so I'll keep it on til the doc tells me I can take it off! 

I'm looking forward to getting back to work and seeing what we can get accomplished this semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment