Tuesday, January 25, 2011

So here's the short of it, 
Waiting for the State of the Union Message. 

And here's the long

I had one of those work days - several things I had to do and they got all done. But there were lots of other things I needed to get done - so it was one of those days that needed to be about 18 hours long!  I get to start again tomorrow, but I've already got my calendar full for tomorrow and still have to get all those loose ends tied up!

I'm sitting on the recliner - all reclined with my foot up and iced.  It's still swelling at night, and it's still sore, and I'm still limping - especially as I get to the end of the day. Sophie is on the sofa (sopha would be more like it).  She is all stretched out with her head up on a pillow just snoozing away.  I'm waiting to hear our president speak about the state of the union.  I'm glad that our constitution requires the president to "from time to time give to Congress information of the State of the Union and recommend to their Consideration such measures as he shall judge necessary and expedient."  Of course I know that the country is always divided about the State of the Union.  No matter who the president is, there's a faction who are not going to agree.  Sometimes I'm the faction that agrees, sometimes I in disagreement.  I'm already seeing the fissures from facebook postings. 

I'm particularly interested in how the shooting in Tuscon turned this into "date night" for our lawmakers.  I actually think it might make things a bit more civil to mix up the seating all the time!  I think we all should date people from the "other side" from time to time.  Of course that's not too hard to do when my family gets together, as we have people stretched out all along the continuum from pretty far right to pretty far left!  Oh what a wonderful family it is!

Yesterday, I posted about needing a good chicken crock pot recipe and one of my former students, Ty Lee, said he thinks there may be one in his family  - from his wife! I love it that Ty is married, and I can't wait to try his wife's recipe instead of another one from that crock pot blog.

He's coming down the aisle shaking hands.  I'm going to watch and listen. 


No comments:

Post a Comment