Friday, January 14, 2011

So here's the short of it, 
Looks like the snow is leaving. 

And here's the long

Well, the snow is completely gone from the road in the circle.  Since I haven't been anywhere, I don't know how it is anywhere else, but I've heard that parking lots and side roads are still quite dangerous.  We are expecting warmer temperatures this weekend, so I'm pretty sure that by Sunday or Monday it will be gone.  We sure have had a long break from school.  And I've been housebound out of extreme caution not to re-injure my ankle.  I'm not even weary of it either!  I did venture out this afternoon.  I took Sophie out (off-leash) and let her play out front for a bit.  Her girldogfriend from across the circle, Charlie, was out and they had a really good time playing in the snow.  I didn't do any walking.  I took a pillow out and sat on the top step.  When Charlie came over, I walked down to the end of the front sidewalk, very carefully and talked to the girls for a bit.  I was really glad she got a chance to be out and extremely glad that there was another dog out for her to play a bit.

I heard today that the school board is going to discuss how we are going to make up days at their meeting next week.  I'll be interested to find out how that will happen.  We have several days "built in", which we hardly ever use, and I thought we were still in that window.  I suppose I was wrong about that.  We don't go back until Tuesday, because of the Martin Luther King, jr. holiday observance, so I've still got a long weekend to go before I even need to think about that.

Liga's headed back home tomorrow as well.  She and Dexter have been staying here since the storm so she didn't have so far to drive, and I know she's ready to get back to her own apartment.  We've enjoyed having her here, and it will be good to get back into our empty nest routine as well.

It's only 10:30 and I'm feeling tired and drowsy.  That's a welcome feeling, and I'm planning to take advantage of it and get myself under the covers.

No comments:

Post a Comment