Tuesday, January 11, 2011

So here's the short of it, 
Opening the Portal to Change

And here's the long.

So today is 1.11.11 - the alignment of those numbers makes us want to wish that there's some significance in that.  There are some who believe that it's a time when special portals are open for changes in ourselves.  I suppose it's good to focus on a time.  We humans certainly seem to need rituals to help us get from one place to another.  We do it with religious rituals; I've always felt some deep connection to the henges in England - I chalk that up to some genetic memory.  So my ancestors thought there was something significant when the sun or the stars lined up with the stones - they probably wouldn't have known about numbers like a month a day and a year.  So I'd say today is as good a day as any to stand in the portal and experience that change that comes to us when we believe and are ready. 

I'm going to bed soon, and at 11:11, I'll close my eyes and imagine that the portal to a more amazing world is opening.  In my amazing world, there's enough of everything I need - people in my life space work hard at living in a sustainable way - problems are solved by discussion, compromise, and true compassion - and any day, any hour, any moment can become a portal opening to a more amazing life.

No comments:

Post a Comment