Thursday, January 13, 2011

So here's the short of it, 
Something's going on. 

And here's the long

Something is going on with my sleeping.  Now, I'm not complaining - I'm just saying. 

Last year while I was undergoing Chemotherapy, I slept so much.  There were many days that I think I slept 20 hours!  Then as I started to feel better, my sleep was all out of whack.  I had my days and nights mixed up! Even at the beginning of this week, I still had a hard time getting to sleep before midnight or sometimes later. 

For the third night in a row now, I've gotten really sleepy in the afternoon.  As a matter of fact a couple of days ago, I actually took a nap - the kind where you take off your shoes, get under the covers and purposefully go to sleep!  But even more interestingly, I have been asleep before midnight for 3 nights in a row, and tonight will make it night number 4!  I am really tired and eager to pull the covers up over my shoulders and snooze away the night.  AND I suppose the natural outcome of going to sleep so early, I am waking up much earlier and feeling at least somewhat more rested ---until the afternoon when I get SO sleepy. 

I don't know what to make of this.  I'm really not sure what is causing it, or how long it's going to last.  And I'm going to have to rethink my evenings.  But that's OK.  Maybe it's one of the changes that came through that portal that opened on 1.11.11 - at 11:11! 

I'm here to say this - I'm embracing this change and love the idea that I'll be able to go to bed much earlier in the evening

No comments:

Post a Comment