Sunday, January 23, 2011

So here's the short of it,
Sophie's the story for tonight. 

And here's the long

This weekend just slipped away! 

Sophie got an early morning bath today! She hadn't had a bath since before I broke my ankle, and she was a stinky girl.  She is difficult to get into the shower, but once I get her there, she's always pretty cooperative and doesn't seem to really mind getting a bath. Well, the bath made her start shedding like crazy. Alan's brushed her, I've brushed her, then Alan brushed her, then I brushed her again.  She looks like she's got feathers on her haunches!  Mom was up for dinner and told her that it was going to get cold again and she was going to wish she had kept that coat on!

We also discovered that Sophie has learned how to open the back gate. Last night when we got home, as we pulled into the driveway, she came out and greeted us and the gate was open. Of course we thought, we must have accidently left it open. This morning I looked out the front window and there she was shashaying around on the other side!  I said oh, no - she's learned how to open the gate and when Alan went back to check, sure enough it was wide open. We put a carabiner through the gate latch, and then Alan called her in. She had just gotten to Winston's house and they'd just started a romp through the bushes, but when he called her she came running.  I got a real kick out of that. I know she was thinking - "well, sure, I don't mind coming over to see what you want, because I can just go out the back whenever I feel like it."  And sure enough, she went right out to the back gate and spent some time trying to figure out why she couldn't get the gate to open! It was a bit funny - although I know not to her!

Sophie's a great dog!

No comments:

Post a Comment