Friday, February 11, 2011

So here's the short of it,
Alan is doing fine. 

And here's the long

Alan had an Epidural today. I took the morning off so that I could be with him and ended up taking the whole day off. His appointment was at 10:00, but they told us that if we got there early he might get finished earlier. So we got there at 9:00. It didn't happen. He didn't get called back until 11:00 and didn't get taken back to the surgical room until after noon. I did one of those pretty modern things, and e-mailed work from my phone to let them know that I wouldn't be able to make it into work after all. Alan's post surgical instructions include, no painting, no treadmill, no plumbing, nothing that would cause him to look up. He does actually remember some of that conversation. They went a bit lighter on his anesthesia this time because he had such a hard time getting it all out of his system the last time. He's fine this evening, although he was complaining about itching all over and he's been napping off and on all afternoon and evening.

I'm starting to get a bit of a cough tonight. I'm not sure what that's all about, but I'm going to drag out the good old Chestal, a homeopathic cough remedy that a former student recommended. I got it the last time I had a cough, and it helped more than any over the counter brand I've ever tried.

I sure hope that it gets this cough under control before work on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment