Saturday, February 5, 2011

So here's the short of it,
Alan is working with Sophie.

And here's the long

I took a couple of Advil PM last night and then I couldn't get up this morning! Well, I slept in til 8:30 anyway. I suppose I may just do that again tonight.

So, Sophie hates going in the car.  When she was a pup, riding in the car made her sick and she really maybe only had 3 or 4 rides. This fall when it was time to go to the vet, she refused to go into the car, and we ended up getting the vet to bring her shots home since he's a neighbor.  This past week Alan has started working with her to try to desensitize her to the car. He's been taking her to just sit in the car all week long. They sit in the car and he talks to her and starts the car. She so anxious that she won't even take a treat while she's in the car. Today I sat in the car with them. She did NOT want to get into the car. She pulled completely out of her collar! Alan was able to get her into the back seat. She came right up between the front seats and stood there. Next week I think Alan's going to try driving maybe just around the circle to see how that goes! Thank goodness he has the patience to work on that with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment