Wednesday, February 23, 2011

So here's the short of it, 
Today has been a long but very productive day.

And here's the long

Today started earlier than I wished. I was awake before it was time to get up because my body is still on Eastern Standard Time. I sure remember younger days when that would not have been any issue!  And it's now after midnight my body time. 

The conference is going well. Our motivational speaker was a fellow named Dr. Dale Henry. I thought he was really very interesting and he certainly got our attention with all his stories. He does lots of training for corporations, universities, and Fortune 500 companies. This afternoon we got to hear two really good sessions. Our friend Bonnie Digby from up in western Tennessee did a great hands on session on integrating STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) into the curriculum. They are using it with the Junior Great Books Curriculum!  I liked that. Tomorrow we are presenting two sessions then one of my colleagues and I will head back home so that I can get a work day in on Friday.

We haven't left Opryland since we arrived.  It's so huge it seems like I've walked 2 miles today. By the time I remember how to get from the room to the conference location, it will be time to head home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment