Monday, February 7, 2011

So here's the short of it, 
I'm focusing on continuing to walk further and more briskly.

And here's the long

Wow - I worked today (most of the day) in our Central Office helping to check in the portfolios that we are required to do for those students who wouldn't be able to demonstrate learning on a standardized test. I also will be doing that most of the day tomorrow. All of this testing rigamarole is my least favorite part of our education system.  I agree for sure that we have to hold all of us who work with students accountable for their academic growth. It's just that I don't believe we are doing it in the right way!

I've also got this feeling of tiredness today that doesn't have lots to do with lack of good sleep. I'm not sure what it is. I suppose that I need to get more exercise. I did take Sophie out today and was able to make it three times around the circle at a pretty good pace for the first time since before I broke my ankle.  I think that's progress. I'm starting physical therapy on Wednesday.  They will give me exercises to help strengthen my ankle as well as some work on my gait. I still have pretty pronounced neuropathy in my feet - steps can still be problematic. A couple of weeks ago I had to go down steps in a school, and if I hadn't been holding the railing going down, I would have taken a tumble. I'm also still very wary of uneven surfaces. But I pretty much know my way around the circle, so for the time being, that can be my walking place -- Let's hope the weather holds up this week so that I can get a daily walk in!

No comments:

Post a Comment