Monday, February 28, 2011

So here's the short of it, 
Good news from the doctor, and bad weather!

And here's the long

I had a good doctor visit today. I was right the soft spot on my breast is nothing to worry about. It's a place where "a lot of tissue had to be removed". It was apparently filled with fluid for a long time after the surgery, but eventually some of that fluid, or maybe all of eventually, is absorbed and the tissue collapses.  There is more currently, but Dr. Witherspoon seems to think that my breast may or may not be nearly healed enough that it won't change much more. I'm really not very focused on whether or not it will continue to change. And now I know the spot is nothing to worry about. 

I had a meeting scheduled today with a disgruntled parent. I drove 35 minutes to a school and the parent didn't show up. We'll reschedule. I wonder what that was all about.

As I was headed back to the office this afternoon a little after 2:00 - oh maybe 2:30ish. I headed down Hwy 153. I gave a little thought to turning onto Amnicola, but it looked awfully dark and I decided to keep going.  In about 3 minutes I could see the leading edge of a  big wind heading across the highway - I could actually see it! I sped up to get to the next exit and get off the road to wait it out. All of a sudden the sky opened up and the rain fell and grayed out the whole road. I couldn't see very far at all, although I could see the lights on the cars behind me. I slowed down, got over onto the shoulder and made my way to the Bonny Oaks exit. There were several cars pulled over on Bonny Oaks.  Within 5 minutes it was gone, and I headed on out. The rest of my drive to downtown involved avoiding downed trees and limbs and water flooding the roadways. Chattanooga has, I've heard 25,000 families are out of electricity. There were lots of accidents, many instances of damages to homes and cars from trees and tree limbs falling. One old brick building downtown which was being renovated had a whole wall collapse.  The news is not good.  Communities all over Hamilton County experienced lots of storm damage. When I got home about 5:00, we hadn't had any damage at all even though just one street over a tree was down in the street. By the time I got home, a neighbor had already cleared it from the road.

I understand that schools spent most of the afternoon with kids in the hallway. I don't think any of that will be on the TCAP test, but I imagine they learned a lot anyway. Tomorrow should be a nice dry and pretty warm day. I'm looking forward to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment