Friday, June 17, 2011

So here's the short of it, 
The Hand...

And here's the long.

So every once in awhile it startles me.  Most of the time I don't pay it any mind.  But sometime in a sleepy morning when I'm pouring my coffee, or at dusk when I'm finishing up something in the kitchen, I catch my breath!  This is the view right outside my kitchen window.

So for years, I'd see this hand around Poppy's house or car. (Poppy - Izzy - my Father-in-Law) It's a plastic hand and for years it had a sleeve on it. It might be sticking out of Poppy's trunk, or in the back of the truck. Somehow we ended up with it. It's made a few appearances around here as well, but I haven't seen it in a good while. When the storms came through it made it's appearance again. It must have been in the damaged storage building!



The sleeve is now missing, but it's found a new home.  I'll have to say the first sleepy morning I came into the kitchen and saw it I had quite a start! And then a chuckle. I imagine that Poppy got quite a chuckle that morning too.

And even though I know it's there - there are those times.

No comments:

Post a Comment