Monday, June 13, 2011

So here's the short of it,
I'm at the Emergency Room with Mom.

And here's the long.

Mom called about 9:00 o'clock. She said she needed me to come down because she was shaking. When I got to the house she asked me to call 911! Those of you who know Emily know that request is highly unusual.

They arrived very shortly and loaded Mom up in the ambulance. She was shaking really hard and uncontrollably. The good thing about going in the ambulance is that they put her in a room right away. No waiting in the lobby of the ER. Although they did tell us that both Memorial and Erlanger were extremely busy and we'd probably be all night if we chose to go there. We opted for Parkridge.

Chest XRays, blood work, and urine sample - she has a really bad urinary tract infection and her potassium is low. They've started her on an IV with an antibiotic and will let her go home when it's done. I'm planning to just stay there tonight.

Say a prayer. She's tired and she's a bit confused- I remember learning how bad these urinary infections can be as you get older when Dad had one. I think all will be well - she's a trooper.

No comments:

Post a Comment