Monday, June 20, 2011

So here's the short of it, 
Today was a doggie/kitty day!

And here's the long.

Today I was to have a meeting at the central office.  It was cancelled. Apparently there is some "shifting" going on over there.  Of course, at this point I have no idea who is shifting, where they are shifting to, and how that might impact my year! Wonder when in the world we might know about that! I'm not even letting myself get worried about that - I'm pretty low on the totem pole to find out who is shifting where - and I can't do a thing about it anyway!

Since I didn't have to go in - I was available to help Alan get the furkids to the vet.  Sophie is really not a fan of riding in the car! She has to be lifted into the car - while all 72 pounds of her is resisting! She then wants to get up in the front seat and help drive while protesting about being in the car the whole way! This time I rode in the back seat with her and held her very firmly and she did better than she ever has before.  They were both fine!  I can quit worrying about Lola not eating enough. She weighs in at a little over 8 pounds!  There for awhile, she had gotten so skinny and her food wasn't agreeing with her, but apparently she's over all that!

We got some advice on grooming Sophie. She is shedding like crazy - and my tools that I'm using to groom her are not cutting it!  So we were recommended to get a Furminator. The county sheriff's office uses it to groom the Shepherds in their K-9 program. I'll look around for one and also try to see what other options there might be.




Sophie has started on a new medicine. It's called Trifexis.  It is an oral medication which will take care of her fleas as well as intestinal parasites and heartworms. I'm really glad that we don't have to put the frontline on her any more. I didn't like having that stuff on her fur.

She seemed to tolerate the pill pretty well. We were supposed to monitor her very carefully for an hour after we administered it to assure that she didn't vomit. She also had to take it on a full stomach. All that went just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment