Wednesday, June 22, 2011

So here's the short of it,
We're here in Denver and so far having a great time. 

 And here's the long.

Today was our travel day. We left home a little after 8 this morning and caught our flight in Nashville to Denver. The flight was a little bumpy, but don't I ever love a direct flight!

On the way in to town, we stopped for a quick tour of the Denver Museum of Nature and Science. I really did enjoy the parts we toured.

Prehistorical story of the evolution of plants and animals was fascinating. I kept thinking how much Mom would have loved to see all the geology and the fossils!

We also happened upon a delightful little room where there was an exhibit of carvings by a Russian artist.  He used semi-precious stones to carve scenes of everyday Russian folklore. It was so amazing - but I didn't get any good pictures - I actually thought I got three or four good shots, but tonight they aren't on my camera!  Anyway, it was amazing to see bodies of quartz, shirts of ruby and opal, and lots of different uses of a stone called jasper. It comes in so many diffferent colors, and there were lots of things carved from this beautiful stone. Belts, jackets, boots! Even some prisoners with black and white striped clothes carved from "zebra Jasper"!  I heard a young boy tell his mother "I sure am glad we found this little room".  I felt the very same way!

Daniel drove in from Boulder and joined us for dinner this evening.  We ate at a restaurant someone had recommended to him called Fruition.  It was a small but really Foodie kind of place. We all had wonderful food, and left feeling quite full - even though it was pretty late body time, before we ate!

So my first visit to Colorado is going great!  I'm looking forward to a great tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment