Thursday, June 23, 2011

So here's the short of it, 
This is my first visit to Colorado, and so far I'm enjoying it!


And here's the long.

Well, so far we've done two museums, had dinner with Dan, and walked quite a bit.

We spent almost all of today at the Denver Art Museum.  I loved most all of the exhibits. I think my favorite was the blue and white china (from China) in the Asian Art section of the museum.  The first time I ever saw dishes like this was when I was just a little girl visiting my Grandma VanSant. She kept them in a china hutch that I now have.  A couple of the pieces on display were very modern interpretations of the bue and white designs - I thought they were especially beautiful.

Tomorrow we'll be up early and off to Colorado Springs. I'm really excited to see some of my VanSant cousins.  Mom had an Uncle who came "out west" in the teens or twenties.  And her younger brother Tom ended up living out here and raising his family in Colorado Springs. So we have a branch of kin who have been here for 3 generations, and I'm eager to see them tomorrow.

It's awfully late here and I'm having trouble going to sleep. There are some young women next to us who are having a very good time visiting with one another, and there have been more police sirens than I remember from last night. Alan has been able to go to sleep!

I'm also having internet troubles tonight!  Darn I don't like that one little bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment