Friday, June 10, 2011

So here's the short of it,
I had a great Mom day.

And here's the long.

I had a nice afternoon with Mom today!

I woke up as though I were going to work this morning. I made myself go back to bed for awhile.  I did get some gardening time in before it got too hot. I've got a Cherokee Purple coming on that's almost as big as my fist! It's pretty tempting to have fried green tomatoes for dinner, but I think I'll hold out for that one to ripen up.

I picked up Mom and we went to Tuesday Morning to see what kind of bargains we could find. Then we had lunch together. She really liked to go to Red Lobster - so that's where we went! Then we went to Mia Cucina because she had a good coupon she wanted to use, and then to Jo-Ann fabric so that she could get some fabric for a project she was working on.

I left home to go to college the fall that I would turn 18, and I never really went back home after that. So we lived pretty far from one another until Mom and Dad moved to Chattanooga.  I'm really glad she just lives down the street. It's nice to be able to spend the afternoon together.

No comments:

Post a Comment