Thursday, June 30, 2011

So here's the short of it, 
Today was a good day to be back at home. 


And here's the long.

I got a good little bit of work in the garden this morning. The Cherokee Purple tomatoes are ripening. There were enough to harvest a few of them and a handful of Black Cherry. Valdis came over this afternoon and I sent a few of them home with him.

Lunch today was with Pennie, Myra, and Aunt Judy. It was a lovely visit - Aunt Judy is such a lovely person and we had a really nice lunch. Today's choice was J. Alexanders. I had a really nice salad, but I kept thinking about my lovely Purple Cherokee tomatoes sitting home on the counter and how tasty they would have made that salad!

This evening Myra and Pennie came over to the house for dinner and a great visit. It was relaxed and quiet - just the four of us. It was a nice evening.  We sliced up the Purple Cherokee! It was  so great. I'm afraid that Pennie isn't able to really enjoy them right now though.

I'm awfully tired this evening. I think I'm still catching up from the trip to Colorado. I'm going to head to bed earlier than usual tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment