Friday, June 3, 2011

So here's the short of it,
Baby birds are all over the back yard.

 And here's the long.

I don't ever remember this many baby birds in the yard before - especially the back yard. I wonder if the storm damage is at the heart of this. There were so many trees knocked over - I'm thinking that the babies fledged and practiced in the trees. Now so many of them are gone!  They are practicing going from fence to fence to wires. Lola brought one in today! I managed to net it and put it back over our temporary fence in the back. It very quickly took flight up to the fence at the back. One of the little baby Robins from our next was in the garden. Sophie was really interested in it - she didn't try to bite it, but she kept nosing at it and scared it!

I'm eager for a couple of days off. I got a big chunk of work done today. And I'm feeling pretty good about that. I've got a plan in place for next year now - see if we can prevent some of the problems we've encountered this spring.

In the meantime, I'm really glad to have a couple of days off. AND I'm excited to only have one more week to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment