Saturday, January 28, 2012

So here's the short of it, 
I do love the weekends!

And here's the long.

Weekends are so lovely...

Sometimes I wonder what I love the most about the weekend. Is it not having to awaken to the alarm clock?  Or maybe it's the luxury of staying in PJs until mid-morning?  Or maybe it's being able to go shopping in the middle of the day?  Actually, I think it's just all that - a day to do as I wish and not be in a rush and hurry for someone else's agenda!

This morning was a take it easy morning - good hot coffee, perfectly cooked oatmeal, and no hurry to get anywhere.  I was out of my PJ's by lunch time and headed off for a girls afternoon of errands with Liga, and Mom.  We spent the most money and time at Pet Smart (oh, those lucky dogs and cats of ours).  But we had several other stops as well.

We stopped at Elmcroft for a visit with Mommy Anne.  Mom went upstairs to find her friend Lillian Samuels who now lives there, and they came down to the front parlor where we were sitting.  It was a nice visit.

After dinner I decided to go ahead and get grocery shopping out of the way.  I'm glad that I went because the morning will be so much more relaxed tomorrow.  But I was reminded of why I go on Sunday mornings!  The aisles were crowded and there were "holes" in the stock, so I didn't find everything I had on my list.  But I'm still glad to have gotten that out of the way.  I'll sleep in a little bit longer in the morning and get up and make French toast for breakfast!


No comments:

Post a Comment