Wednesday, January 25, 2012

So here's the short of it, 
It's the end of January, and I'm wondering where in the world winter went. 

And here's the long.

We're having unseasonably warm weather here in Chattanooga.  Now, I'm not such a great fan of long drawn out winters with mountains of snow for weeks at a time.  That might be one reason I moved a bit further south!  But I do like a bit of winter.  I like to have enough freezing weather to really put a dent in the flea population the next summer!  I like to have at least two snow days from school - and I want days when there's really snow on the ground, not just a few flakes here in the valley and snow on the mountains and in the county to keep us home.  I want enough to make a snow ball and have Luther tell me to be sure to get bread and milk in case I'm snowed in for the rest of the winter. I want enough so that the dog wants to roll around in it and the cat doesn't want to get out.

But it's warm and rainy not cold and snowy.
The farmer's almanac does say that early February might bring us some wet snow.  Tomorrow is supposed to be warm with thunderstorms!  I'm hoping the times that I'm out and about I'll be able to run between the raindrops and lightening strikes!




No comments:

Post a Comment