Thursday, January 19, 2012

So here's the short of it, 
I never did get warmed up good last night.

And here's the long.

I was so chilly last night.  So why did I not have a thought somewhere in my brain that I might need another blanket on the bed! I went right off to sleep, and then I just didn't wake up enough to think -- old girl, get a blanket. So I didn't have the most comfortable night's sleep. Tonight it's a little chilly. Even though I'm not as cold as I was last night,  I promise this. I will have another blanket on my bed!

This evening when I got home, it was still light enough that Sophie and I did a good little walk.  The two oldest neighbor boys came out and I asked if they wanted to walk with us (the older one often asks).  He said, "I'd like that, if you give us permission to go with you." I was pretty wowed by that.  He's about 7 and just the nicest young man.  Sophie hasn't really warmed up to him, but I do hope that will happen.  I think it would just be a good thing.  Anyway, we walked and talked, and talked and walked.  His little brother was more interested in seeing how muddy he could get his shoes, in that gooey, thick, black mud that gets left over as water slowly evaporates. I understood from my walking buddy that little brother  would get in really big trouble when he got home. When I probed a bit about "really big trouble". he said, "well, Mom will really scold him, and that's not very much fun."

He says he's going to try to walk with Sophie and me more often.  I'll enjoy that.

No comments:

Post a Comment