Saturday, January 21, 2012

So here's the short of it, 
So today I had a massage.

And here's the long.


I just cannot figure out why insurance does not cover massage therapy.  Massage, without a doubt, is the best thing I have ever done for my back. I keep wondering if Mom had gotten started with massage therapy 20 years ago, if her back would be in better shape.

I've still been able to walk up steps ever since my massage two weeks ago. Going down feels a little more precarious still.  Today she worked lots at the place on my back where my surgery was years ago and the area right at my right hip I think she called it the inguinal ligament.  She says it's all tight right in the hip.  She also worked on my thigh and a bit on my calf.  She says that my thigh is really tight.  I think she was working on the satrorius muscle - but that's not what I remember her calling it. But for sure it's the one that goes diagonally across the front of my thigh.

I remember that two weeks ago it was the next day before I really noticed a huge result from the massage appointment. Today my thigh has been achy all afternoon.  I've been trying to stay stretched out - think I'll sit in the floor again in a bit before I head to bed.

Anyway. I'm sold. This massage is making such a difference in getting me back to normal.  I keep thinking about spending 2 years of negotiating stairs like a 2 year old, and am just thrilled that I can now start working on gaining strength and more endurance for actually climbing stairs.




No comments:

Post a Comment