Friday, January 27, 2012

So here's the short of it, 
Thanks fo Kathryn Lynn Venable.

And here's the long.

This post is a hat's off to Kathryn Lynn Venable - a former Pineville High School Band Mate and Facebook friend.  And one who share's that - growing up in small town Southeastern Kentucky past.

I made a post about my morning oatmeal routine that I share with sweet Sophie most mornings and I lamented that I don't get my raisins because I don't want Sophie to have any.  Kathryn posted on Facebook with an idea to help me get out of my rut of thinking.  I tried her suggestion.  It didn't work exactly as I wished, but it made me remember that I it's not so hard to think of alternative ways to try things.  So now I have raisins in my oatmeal.

I still want to make sure that Sophie doesn't get any raisins - they are potentially very bad for dogs.  So I am putting a small jelly jar of raisins covered with water in the refrigerator.  Then in the morning after I have my oatmeal cooked, I just put a spoonful into my oatmeal after I take Sophie's portion out. Their time in the refrigerator has them softened up just like I like them. And they have time to get warmed up.
And I get the extra umph of raisins in my breakfast.

One more reminder not to give up, but just think in a different way to solve the problems and complexities of our lives.

Thanks friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment