Tuesday, January 31, 2012

So here's the short of it, 
I had a great lunch today!

And here's the long.

Today was our New Teacher Consortium, and in order to save time we had teachers choose between bringing lunch or ordering in.  I coordinated the order in part with the Fox and Hen - a great little deli/restaurant on Highway 58.









Lunch was really good.  I'd recommend a visit there if you're ever out on Highway 58 around lunch time. That's  R.C.  the nice gentleman on the right in the blue shirt.  He's the fellow I worked with to make it all happen.


When I was working out the details one day I was there in the middle of the afternoon after the lunch crowd had gone.  He was bringing me small samples of the sandwich fillings - all home made by the way.   I had thought I wanted egg salad, but since it had olives in it I was changing my mind.  When I couldn't decide between the pimento cheese which I would highly recommend or the chicken salad, which I liked a whole lot, he said, "I'll tell you what, I'll make you a half of each."  I had to promise not to tell anyone, since that's not something he does on a regular order.  I thought it was a really nice gesture.  And It was great to have one of each for lunch!

I really like what we do with New Teachers.  I know they're thinking about changing that all up for next year and the coming years, and whatever training and support is offered will be good, but getting these newbies together several times throughout the year as they are learning their craft is really a good thing.  And having a lunch deal so that they can take a break and visit without having to leave allows them to really behave as a cohort.

Tomorrow is a morning at the office and afternoon at the office with a lunch meeting in between.  I think it will fly by because it's so busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment