Monday, January 2, 2012

So here's the short of it, 
It's really nice to have former students, now adults, as friends in my life.

And here's the long.

Today I had coffee with Greg Wilkey, who went to school at Tyner.  Actually his wife was my student, but he hung around enough that I knew him fairly well too. They are both educators and he's now an Assistant Principal at Tyner Middle School.

He's a writer and we were talking about the book he's working on now. It's the third in his series about a young man named Mortimer Drake who discovers as a teenager that he's really a vampire!  I've read the first two and I can really see why they appeal to teens.  He's specifically targeting young men.

Before the break a group of young men at his school read the book with him - the author!  I just think that's great.

The books are available on both Kindle and Nook.  And if you don't have either of those, you can download an app to your PC or MAC and read them there.

Growing Up Dead (The Life and Undeath of Mortimer Drake)  Kindle edition





 



















And the third book is under construction now!

No comments:

Post a Comment