Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Anticipation

So here's the short of it,
Oh my, the cough, the joint aches, the anticipation for tomorrow!

And here's the long

My cough is just horrible!  The Musinex keeps it under control. But I am only supposed to take it one time every 12 hours -- by the time I'm to 10 hours I'm coughing so much that it activates my gag reflex - even with cough drops and hot honey tea.  And after I take it, there's another bit of time before it really kicks in.  And this embarrasing detail, I'm coughing so hard and so much that I'm wetting myself.  Yes, I know the fix and I'm doing that, but it's yucky. Tomorrow, first question, Can I please take the Musinex more often.  That might be all I need.  

This morning again it took me awhile to get my nausea and diarrhea under control.   I also waited to make sure I didn't have temp. before I went in to work.  I just had a few things that really couldn't wait until I get back to work after a treatment, and I got them all done!  This is the third time that I was hit with a diarrhea urge while in the car on the way to work.  I made it to the office and just ran in to the restroom down on the first floor, whew! Once, I just had to turn around and come back home and change all my clothes. 

 This evening Mom made dinner for me and Alan.  Back in the early spring, when Dad was hospitalized for a urinary tract infection, Alan went shopping for a plant.  I think he was looking for tomato plants, but what he found was broccoli.  Anyway, this afternoon, Mom went out into the garden and found enough broccoli for our dinner!  It was a bittersweet moment for sure. 

I guess it's the Abraxane, but my left shoulder joint is so achy.  My back hurts much worse than it has during the whole treatment, and my muscles ache like the beginning of the flu.  Lori, my oncology nurse, told me that achy joints and muscles are the most common complaints for people using Abraxane - and told me to take ibuprofen.  And that's just what I'm doing.  

I am pretty eager for tomorrow to come and go.  I don't like wishing my life away, but I want to go to the doctor and have everything be go and get that last treatment. Good news is there's no temperature today.  Then, once I start back on the upswing, I think I'll really experience some kind of lightness of being! 

I know I'm using the blog to detail all my aches and pains and weird things that happen to me, as well as my great grief at losing my Dad, but I do want to say, that all in all, I think I'm doing pretty well.  I dare not say that nothing worse could happen, but somehow I've found the hand of God in all of this and I'm holding on tightly.  






1 comment:

  1. Lynn, keep holding onto the hand of God..for he loves you so!!!!!!!!! Pat & Steve

    ReplyDelete